K I L L C O A L
Killing coal is the cheapest, most direct way to begin saving the environment——and your KIDS.
1) Coal's external costs are over TWICE the coal industry's total value to the economy . more . . .
2) A 2011 Harvard study conservatively estimates the annual costs of US coal production at $345 billion . more . . .
3) The Harvard "Six Cities Study" found that breathing urban pollution increases your chances of death by 26% . more . . .
4) Heavy metals from coal retard mental development in children and increase sudden infant death syndrome . more . . .
5) In 2010, 34,000 people died prematurely from coal combustion . Pollution causes 30% of childhood asthma . more . . .
6) Coal burning produces 1.5 times the CO2 emissions of oil and twice that of natural gas . more . . .
7) Thus, coal is by far the most costly (and deadly) source of energy . It is competitive only through coal subsidies. more . . .
8) We do not have a 200-year supply of coal. Maybe 30 years . more . . .
9) Coal is only cheap for the energy companies. COAL'S ECONOMIC IMPACT IS NEGATIVE. Click this link for SOLUTIONS.
EMAIL: email@example.com Copyright © killcoal.org 2012. All rights reserved.